I’ve made this apple pie at least ten times in the last few months. It is extremely simple and everyone greatly enjoys it. Aside from the premade crust and apples or pears I simply add some sugar, cinnamon and butter.
Servings: Dessert for 4-6 depending on the amount of apples/pears
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 20-30 minutes @ 200°C (400°F)
- 1 filo pastry sheet (round or square)
- 5-6 apples or pears (or both!)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Remove the filo pastry dough from the refrigerator so it will soften.
- Peel, core, and slice all the apples into a bowl.
- Lay out the filo pastry dough in the pie form. Don’t worry if the edges are outside the form for now
- Lay out the slices in a compact and even manner – I sometimes do multiple levels.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the apple slices.
- Cut the butter into a dozen pieces and distribute evenly across the surface.
- Almost done – simply fold any remaining filo corners over the surface of the apples.