I never liked eggplant due to its texture, it prevented me from enjoying the flavour. Babaganoush however is a very yummy and easy to make dip. It’s right there next to hummus and tzatziki. Consume with pita or any crusty bread.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini, or
- 4 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint
- Heat oven to 175°C (350°F).
- Cut the eggplant in long equally thick pieces.
- Place in baking tray, salt, and place in heated oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare and the flavour ingredients and place them in the blender.
- Remove eggplants, peel if desired but not required, and add to blender.
- Blend well. Let cool. Consume.
The flavour changes as the temperature does.
Original source: The Essential Vegetarian Cookbook (Murdoch Books, Vancouver)