I’ve posted another pancake recipe in the past but it doesn’t quite have the fluffy texture of Julia’s recipe. I believe this recipe is more enjoyable if you are willing to take a few extra moments to beat the egg whites.
Preparation: 15 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 ml)
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder (8 ml)
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of milk (190 ml)
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted (60 ml)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of sugar (15 ml)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl then make a well shape.
- In a separate bow add the egg yolks, most of the milk, and the melted butter.
- Add the wet ingredients in dry ingredient well and mix until homogeneous – no more.
- Beat the egg whites until light and fluffy then add the sugar and beat a little more until glossy and stiff.
- Fold the egg whites into the main batter bowl with a spatula.
- Cook on a lightly buttered pan.
Enjoy the fluffiness!